Thursday, March 04, 2010

workout & food for 3/4

Workout: 15 min stationary bike, some PT exercises, and then 1 hr swimming. The swim was really hard today. I'm not sure why, but it was just a difficult workout for me. Warm-up 300 free, 50 breast. Then 20x25 free with the following pattern: 25 easy/fast, 25 fast/easy, 25 fast, 25 easy; repeat 4x. Then 2x300 free on the 6:00 with negative splits (um, yeah, right...not good at pacing myself swimming, but it was a good hard set for sure). Then 3x200 free with the first one easy, 2nd medium, 3rd fast (on the 4:00). Then 50 easy before 2x100 FAST (sprint) on 3:00 (lots of rest). 2300 yd total.
Total activity points = 9 (good thing, since the food was not good).

Food:
Breakfast: Kashi GoLean crunch cereal with 1/2c vanilla soy milk and 1/2 mixed berries (4 points).
Lunch: 1 pork tamale from Rico's (4 points), green salad leftover from last night + spray dressing (0), 1 med grapefruit (1).
Snack: 1 asian pear and 1 Fiber One oats & chocolate bar (3 points).
Dinner: leftover night - 1 slice veggie pizza (homemade, small slice) and 3/4c paella (7 points) + green salad w/spray dressing (0).
Dessert: 2 Samoas (Girl Scout cookies) - 3 points
After dessert screw-up: Yeah, I keep doing this. Not sure why. 7 points of snacking (cereal, crackers). GRRRRRRR!

I'm going to count all my activity points today because 1) I usually do that 2x/wk when on weight loss, and 2) today was not a good day and I need it.

Total: 31 points food - 9 points activity = 22 points. 4 points used out of my points allowance. Drat. That leaves me 22 for tomorrow at Zermatt. Wish I had 35, but I guess reality is that I still get out of control at night a couple times a week. I've tried everything I can think of with not much success. My saving grace is that I eat well the vast majority of the time and I exercise a lot (and enjoy doing it!).

No comments: