Tuesday, September 29, 2009

rest day

Today I took a rest day. I feel so sluggish when I don't work out. I kind of hate the taper because of that. I say "kind of" because I like not having to do really long brutal interval or tempo workouts. And I like knowing that the hard work is done. This time, I feel a little unsatisfied because I missed out on some of the hard training due to my injury. Oh well... if I am not fit enough, there is nothing I can do about it now. I need to rest, because I've been battling a low-grade sore throat & swollen lymph nodes for 3-4 days. I'm hoping if I keep getting enough sleep (which I have been for 4 nights or so now!) that I will kick it before the race.

Tomorrow: I plan to do a little racewalking (outdoor or treadmill (supposed to rain)) and then weight training, with light weights, taking it easy.

2 comments:

Nyle said...

Take care of you. Perhaps boost up your Vit C intake. Lots of hot lemon and honey drinks can help.

Hope you feel 100% tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

On marathon day: you might back off of the early pace a bit and pick it up later if you feel strong.