Saturday, September 05, 2009

back to reality...

Reality is ugly right now.

1) My foot is hurt :( and I was unable to exercise all week while on vacation (no access to swimming which was all I could have done w/my foot hurt). Ugh! Have not gone that long w/o exercise since joining WW 4.5 years ago. Not happy.
2) I was on vacation so I ate more than usual.
3) The scale was MOST unkind when I returned. I somehow gained 10 lbs (with just ONE bad week of eating and not exercising!). Yeah, at least 1/2 of that was probably water weight which will come off when I eat and exercise normally again, but still, it was NOT a nice number to see.
4) I miss racewalking.
5) If I can't do Portland Marathon will be out $95 entry fee plus $179 for plane ticket (well, at least the $150 change fee. UGH!).

I am trying to be positive:
1) I can still bike & swim.
2) I biked 1.5 hr today; 17.56 miles - half of that seriously UPHILL - from my house up Emigration Canyon just past Sun & Moon Cafe and then back home. I think it was close to 1400 feet of elevation gain.
3) I ate well today and am back on track.
4) Foot is doing better; am off the crutches though maybe I shouldn't be. I am not even limping that much.
5) Muscles are nice & sore from today's bike ride :). Yes, that is a good and nice thing :).
6) Planning another bike ride or a swim tomorrow. Not sure which, but definitely going to work out. It felt great.
7) Doctor appt on Tuesday (w/my sports med doc) and optimistic that we'll figure something out. Maybe I will be lucky and will be able to do the marathon. If not, well, it was still worth it to do well in Portland-to-Coast.
8) I feel confident that I can get the weight back off and I'm only a little concerned about it; an appropriate amount I think.

Had a busy day today trying to get my house sort of back in order. Also had a Team in Training workout to coach (from my car, sadly...) and some piano lessons to teach. So, I still haven't had time to get to the photos. I know... you want to see them... I will get them up as soon as I can. Have some nice race photos and great vacation ones too. I'm glad I have a 3-day weekend to recover from my vacation!

1 comment:

Nyle said...

Dont give up on Portland....if you rest up and listen to the Dr you might be one of the lucky ones that heal fast.

I have fingers and toes crossed that you get great news and you wont have to miss the marathon.

I have just changed all my flights to Aussie so now I can walk in and be a part of the opening ceremony. 4 weeks to go...so excited.