Wednesday, September 23, 2009

foot update, etc.

My foot is feeling better today. I was on it a lot --- racewalked for 3.7 miles or so around Sugar House Park (fun!), and after teaching a couple piano lessons I took the kids to the zoo to see the baby elephant. We ate lunch while sitting and watching the elephants, and then I was on my feet a lot watching the kids at the playground at the zoo, and finally we returned home for nap time. I did get to sit for a little while so I could work on the TNT route for Saturday (they are doing 20 miles!), but then was up again making dinner. After dinner I did the dishes and then worked on canning pears & plums. Whew. Busy day, and on the foot quite a bit. I wore my new orthotics for most of the day today (2 hr Monday, 4 hr yesterday, 6 hr today) and my foot did well in them. I'm kind of surprised that it's not bothering me more, but really, it feels pretty decent.

The rest of me is pretty tired, however. I need to get more rest! Will focus on this for the next week if possible - more sleep is important at this point. Tonight is a bit of a lost cause, as I have to get up early to RW a bunch before work, and I'm up late already. But tomorrow I can plan ahead a little better (hopefully not wishful thinking) and get to bed earlier. Hope springs eternal!

No comments: