Monday, September 28, 2009

numb

I'm feeling very numb right now. A friend called to ask me a question about her digital photos (I have been helping her organize them, print them, back them up, etc) and while on the phone said "Isn't it horrible about [our mutual friend] D?". I said "huh"? Turns out that my friend D just found out (~2-3 weeks ago) that she has stage IV cancer in her stomach and intestines. I was floored. She is so healthy and so strong, and has worked to take good care of herself. How could this be? I'm devastated by the news. After I collect myself a bit I am going to call her. I have no idea what to say, but I guess no one really does when something like this happens.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I feel your pain.

This happened to a running buddy of mine.

I am very sorry.

Nyle said...

sending you a big "hug"