Monday, September 28, 2009

marathon week begins

This doesn't seem as important as it did 60 minutes ago, before I found out about my friend's cancer. Maybe that's a good thing. I was getting a bit obsessive.

6 days until the marathon. I racewalked 3.9 miles this morning at about a 10:15 pace. I felt really great. I had planned to go to weight training, but last night I went to bed later than I should have, and so I decided to skip class and sleep as late as I could, which turned out to be about 6:45 am (to my surprise - usually I can't sleep that late). I'm focusing on getting enough sleep this week so I will be as ready as I can be for the race.

When I awoke, I threw on my RW clothes and got out the door. Perfect weather this morning - about 53 (around 11-12C?) and sunny and calm. It was a gorgeous morning, and my dog Copper and I really enjoyed our walk around Liberty Park. I was focused on my form and on making sure I am as efficient as possible. Hopefully I can keep that in mind during the race so that there is no wasted effort. It all goes into pushing forward.

I think I'm ready for the race. Just a few more short easy workouts to concentrate on my form, and race day will be here!

No comments: