Monday, September 21, 2009

Top of Utah pics; orthotics

TOU pics are here.

***

Got my new orthotics today. I am to wear them only 1-2 hr today (did that) and then increase 2 hr each day until I'm wearing them all day. No racewalking in them for 1 week, though, but then I'm allowed to do that and the orthotist said he thought I'd adjust quickly and be able to do the marathon in them. Friends who racewalk have said otherwise, so now I'm conflicted. I plan to follow his directions and then use my best judgment. Right now they feel weird but in a good way. He put a metatarsal pad in them and built the arch up a bit to take some pressure off the affected area. It does seem to help with the achy sort of pain I've been having.

I'm up too late so no more now. Off to bed. Hoping for 5-6 miles in the morning.

1 comment:

Nyle said...

Thats great news about your orthotic's. I am keenly following your progress with them. One of my friends posted on my blog about his and he swears by them. I am told that you shouldnt feel them but just feel supported.

I will get fitted for some when I get back but they want to change my soles in the shoes so I am thinking of only doing one pair ... just in case.