Thursday, October 09, 2008

Wed & Thurs workouts

Wednesday - easy 1.5 miles and then weight training. I did the leg press again, with even more weight this week. I'm a little sore today, but not as bad as last week. Must be getting used to the new machine.

Thursday - 45 minute acceleration tempo workout. I did 10 min at HR 135-140, then 10 min at 145-150, then 10 min at 150-155, then 10 min at 155-160, then 5 min at 160-165. Cooled down for 6 min or so (until I got home; I did 2 loops of SugarHouse Park) for a total of 5.1 miles in 51:00. Pretty speedy! This workout felt 1) pretty short and 2) pretty easy (!). Guess I must be ready. I feel like I've been so lazy - I guess that's what a taper feels like?

I was going to do 8 miles on Sunday morning, because on Saturday we have a Wasatch Walkers 3k race. However, it's supposed to SNOW on Sunday morning, believe it or not, so I think I will do my 8 miles tomorrow instead. Then the race on Saturday, and on Sunday I may do some cross training or something - either at a gym (I still plan to join the county parks & recreation, but haven't needed to yet) or at home (a video).

No comments: