Saturday, October 25, 2008

Meeting today; running

It was VERY good to be back at my Weight Watchers meeting today. I've missed being in my normal weekly meeting - if you recall, my Team in Training Saturday workouts conflicted w/WW, so I've been going sporadically at other times. That hasn't been good. I need a weekly meeting to be accountable to. It doesn't necessarily have to be on Saturday morning, but I do need to go regularly.

This morning we set 6-week goals, and it was awesome to be back in goal-setting mode again. I have 3 simple goals: 1) lose 4 lbs, 2) eat no more than 2 points dessert per day (with a once per week exception for a meal out w/the hubby and/or kids), and 3) remember that I am doing this because it makes me truly happy to eat this way.

Today went well - I didn't have too much trouble despite the Costco cake in the fridge left over from last night. I just knew that it was not for me, and didn't really want it, mostly because I know all the other baggage that comes with it. It's just not worth it.

***

I went running this morning. I did 2 loops of SugarHouse Park for 5.1 miles total, including to and from my house. I finished in 50:xx. I was taking it easy, but still, that's pretty slow for someone who is in good shape. I attribute it to a few things: 1) my running muscles are not well-trained, 2) I think I am coming down with something (matter of fact, I feel pretty stinky right now - sore throat, etc., and may not make it out of bed in the morning), 3) I did 26.2 miles of racewalking on Sunday and I'm surely not fully recovered - that will take a few weeks!

So for now, I'm going to enjoy being a slow runner. At least I'm out there!

No comments: