Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Doing better

I'm feeling mostly better. Yay!

Yesterday I didn't work out. I was feeling better, but needed the extra sleep and rest time. Plus, I'm not training for anything right now, so I have no problem taking it easy, other than that I like to get the activity points and eat them :).

I went to another WW meeting last night. It was great to go to 2 in one week! The Monday night crew wanted an update on my marathon endeavors, so I took my photos and enjoyed the meeting thoroughly. We talked about my favorite WW tool, "reframing", which involves thinking through why you eat when you're not really hungry. It asks you what you are trying to get from the food, and how you can get it some other way. I love this tool and want to become more proficient with it, so I'm really going to use it a lot this week to curb my night-time eating impulses. I hope. Anyway, the class was so enthusiastic about hearing about my marathon, and it was a blast. I passed around Team In Training flyers and I think about 1/2 the class took them (probably 20-25 people!). It was awesome. I'm thinking of switching to Monday night meetings for a while, for reasons to be elaborated on in a future post if I decide to do it.

This morning I got up and was debating between running and walking. I was still feeling a bit sluggish, and was just not in the mood to run, so I racewalked from our house to Liberty Park, around the park, and back (3.9 miles). I was kinda slow (43:30; about an 11:06 mile), but that wasn't surprising given that I'm getting over being sick. It was a beautiful morning - 42 degrees, and still. The dogs and I enjoyed getting out.

I am watching my friend Sarah's kids today, as usual for Tuesdays. The miraculous thing today is that ALL FOUR children are sleeping right now. Yes, even Calvin, who of late has not been napping. It's amazing. I did my finances, wrote some checks, am blogging, and now I hope to work on getting out the pretty thank-yous I made for my TNT supporters. I will try to finish them but not sure if naptime will be long enough.

1 comment:

Runningstitch said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It's not unusual to get sick right after a marathon, so do take it easy on yourself. I know it was hard for me also to re-adjust my eating habits after a marathon, it's very easy to become complacent when you were able to indulge a bit more during training!
Keep up the great work, you are a great inspiration!
PS. Yay! for naps!