Wednesday, October 22, 2008

recovering!


I'm feeling pretty good after the race. On Monday & Tuesday I was slightly sore in many muscle groups. Today I feel pretty darn good.

Monday I decided to bike with Loren to loosen things up. We biked from Fisherman's Wharf in SF up & over the GG Bridge to Sausalito for lunch and then on to Tiburon. From there we took the ferry back to the wharf. It was awesome! We had a great time and my legs handled the biking no problem.

Tuesday I took the day OFF of exercising, but this morning I was rarin' to go, so I ran for 12 min before my weight training workout, and did a light weight circuit with jumping rope in between each exercise. It was awesome, and just what I needed. At the end of the workout my instructor stretched out all my leg muscles - I was the only one who showed for class, so it was like having a personal trainer!

Tomorrow I'm going running again. It was fun, and I think I will run the Cold Turkey on T-giving day. It's hilly, so it's a better running race than racewalking, and I want to do a little running this month just to give my RW muscles a break.

No comments: