Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brave boy


This is my brave boy. He had his 4-year-old doctor appt on Monday, and got 5 shots. He did cry a bit, but he did a very good job. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to get him vaccinated against these terrible diseases that used to take so many young lives: measles, mumps, rubella, diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, chicken pox, and influenza. While we were there, Michelle and I also got flu shots. If you haven't gotten your kids up-to-date on their vaccines, by all means, please take them and get them vaccinated. These shots are truly life saving!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. He's such a cutie. I got my flu shot today, and I have to say, it really hurt! I don't remember it hurting so much. My arm has been sore all day. But a small price to pay if I don't get the flu!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I was able to get Lina vaccinated in the US. Here in Sweden, they don't vaccinate against so many different diseases. People are still taking kids to catch the chicken pox on purpose if they know somebody who has it. As one who got the chicken pox at the age of 18, I remember it well and wouldn't wish it on anyone.