Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Short easy speed work

Monday - REST DAY. I didn't like resting, but I did it. It was hard to not eat too much when I didn't work out. But I really want to make sure I take it easy enough this week. All part of the game.

Today - I did an easy walk to the track in about 20 min. Then I did 4x400m in 2:18, 2:19, 2:17, and 2:12. I wasn't pushing too hard except on the last one, and even then I didn't push that much (I was having fun!). I felt like I'd hardly done anything, so I walked home easy, in about 18.5 min (downhill vs uphill on the way there). I could get used to this kind of speed workout :).

Tomorrow - I have an easy 30 minutes planned. I might do 40 min so I can at least go around SugarHouse or Liberty Park - I love doing park routes.

Only five days until the big race!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tammy, good luck this weekend - although you don't need it! You're a natural and will do absolutely fine! Looking forward to reading the race report!