Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tuesday track workout

I worked out this morning in the dark at the track near my house, because I knew I'd have the kids tonight. Loren wanted to go to pub night w/some guys from church, and I wanted him to go, too, so I did my track workout this morning.

I was to do 3x1600m at 10K pace. I warmed up and was feeling good so I did 9:21, 9:16, and 9:19 for my 1600s. That was a little faster than 10K pace (only by a few seconds) but what the heck, I felt all right. I did have some stomach cramping this morning and can't figure out what I ate yesterday to cause it. I probably didn't watch the lactose as closely as I should have.

Tonight I took the kids over to the track for the team workout, but I only wanted to chat with everyone about our club race on Saturday. We're having a 3k judged race, and it's going to be a great time! Obviously I'm not going to be very fast for that because I've been training for a marathon and my speedwork has been geared to longer distances. All the same, it will be fun to get out there and race.

No comments: