Thursday, August 15, 2013

10K; doctor visit

My 10K this morning was actually better than I expected. I was tired and sore this morning so I figured it'd be a lost cause, but you never know, so out I went. My legs did get tired at 7K, and yes, the last 1K wasn't so hot (though it's a good uphill...), but otherwise it wasn't so bad.

Total time: 1:02:14 for 6:13/km with ave HR 146.

Garmin data here.

***

Doctor visit today was encouraging. I have regained some sensation in my feet, and the doctor thought that was a great sign. He ordered a re-check of my B12 levels, because I told him I still feel really lousy. I asked him for a B12 shot and he was going to give me one, but they had run out in the clinic. We will get the results tomorrow pm, so he said if I was still low he'd just write me a prescription and I can pick some up at the pharmacy and they can give me the shot in the clinic. But if my levels have come up, then there is really no point in a shot, and it will just take some more time for me to feel better. I am not feeling very patient right now...

No comments: