Monday, August 19, 2013

10K

I took a rest day yesterday, and felt pretty good when I started off today. I'm definitely feeling better overall, even though I'm not back to normal. 10K doesn't completely wipe me out any more, which is good. I do get tired doing 10K, which isn't at all normal, but it's still an improvement on how I felt in June.

I forgot to bring my watch cable to work with me, so couldn't upload to the Garmin website. But here's how I did: 1:02:36 for 6:15/km with ave HR 151. I started nice and fast, doing 5K in about 30 min on a slight downhill, then did about 32:30 for the second 5K on a slight uphill. My legs got tired at about 7km and I did have some slow 500s, though only 3 of them were more than 3:15, so that wasn't too bad. Overall I felt OK today.

Tomorrow I will either cross-train or try a 3km fartlek, depending on how I recover. Thursday I'll do 10K, Friday cross-train, and Saturday 12K. That's the plan for now.

No comments: