Wednesday, August 07, 2013

cross-training; 10K

Yesterday I cross-trained, doing 45 min elliptical and 15 min on the stationary bike. I enjoyed the 1 hr to myself to read (Harry Potter #5, newspaper) and think.

***

Today I tackled 10K and was pretty much beaten up. I started off feeling great for 3km or so, but then my legs just had nothing. My HR was low but legs wouldn't move. At one point, I almost started to cry out of sheer frustration. I want to do more, but just can't.

At least the weather was lovely. It was about 70F (21C) and clear with a slight and very pleasant breeze.

Total: 9.8km on the watch (missed 0.2km that I actually RW - turned off watch and forgot to turn back on) in 1:03:31 for 6:29/km with ave HR only 138. Grrrr :(. Well, on the positive side, I can still racewalk even if it's not as fast or far as I want to go.

Garmin data here.

No comments: