Monday, August 05, 2013

6.25km

My legs were still a bit sore this morning from the hike on Friday, but I know I need to get back to RW and try to start training again. I'm strongly considering doing the national 5K in Kingsport TN on Oct 5th. I know I'm not 100%, but I really want to do another national race this year. It keeps me motivated, and right now, my motivation is a bit low. It's tough to keep strong mentally when you feel tired all the time and want to sleep in rather than train. Maybe I NEED to sleep rather than train, but I don't WANT to. Frustrating.

Anyway, I slept a bit later today because I took a sick day from work to care for the kids, who couldn't go to camp today (swimming for most of camp, and they can't do that in their current state). So I started walking at 8 am and it was already 26C (79F). I did OK, but my legs were definitely heavy and tired, and by 3km I knew 6km total would be enough for today.

Total 39:23 for the 6.26km (6:17/km) with ave HR 141.

Garmin data here.

No comments: