Tuesday, November 01, 2011

an off day

Yesterday I took a day off. Today I had an off day.

I was to do 12K. First, I overslept by about 15 minutes. Then, it was raining. And, I felt nauseated for most of the workout (Michelle had some stomach flu thing and threw up twice on Friday, and my stomach has been off since Sunday night).

As for the rain, at first there was not much - just drizzles, but during the last 4-5k of my walk it was raining pretty hard. I wore my baseball cap and my new waterproof jacket (works pretty well!); it was 40F (4C) and I was as comfortable as one can be in the rain I suppose. My legs got a bit chilled (wearing tights, but they did get wet) and though I started off reasonably well, with my first 5K in 30:40, but by about 7.5K I really lost it (think splits of 3:22, 3:23, etc), and my 2nd 5K was 32:20. I just could not keep my legs moving very fast. It felt weird. Between the rain and the nausea and the chilly legs I was fairly miserable and just wanted to be done. Plus I was late and had to get the kids to school. I gave up, and packed it in before I could finish the last 1.8K.

Total: 1:04:24 for 10.18K, 6:18/km, ave HR 145.

I forgot to bring my Garmin cable so no connect data right now.

I still feel icky. Wish I could get a nap this afternoon, but there's no way that's going to happen...sigh...

No comments: