Monday, November 21, 2011

aftermath; cross-training

I'm still sore, though not as sore as I was the day after the race. My glutes and abductors are sore, with adductors slightly sore. I actually feel pretty darn good, surprisingly. I only had a little chafing during the race, which is already all better. I rested on Sunday, and this morning I got up early to cross-train. I thought I'd attend the spinning class. I got there right on time, but all the bikes were already taken. Bummer! So I did the elliptical for 45 min and the stationary bike for 15 min, and then did core and stretching with Lisa. I'm glad today was a x-training day - originally I was to do 10K today, but Jim wisely changed it. I am sure I'll be much more ready to do 10K tomorrow than I was today.

Here are the official race results from the marathon. I was 94th of 187 in the race (men AND women), and 4th of 9 in my age group. Not too bad, considering they were all runners! Even my friends that walked most of it did do some running.

No comments: