Friday, November 25, 2011

elliptical & figure skating

Today I did the elliptical for 45 min at the gym, and enjoyed reading Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi (very fun sci-fi) on my Kindle (new). I loved not having to hold my book open...it was pretty nice to read on the Kindle.

Afterward I headed home and fed the kids some homemade French toast. They ate it up...slowly...as kids do, and then we headed back to the gym for some skating. It was Calvin's first time on skates, and he did very well. He's quite cautious compared to daredevil Michelle. She's getting a lot better after skating for a month now. I am getting better too - I worked on my turns (front to back, back to front), front pivots, crossover skating, and gliding backwards on left leg and then on right leg. I figure it's good cross-training for racewalking, as it strengthens a lot of leg muscles and uses different muscles than walking. Plus it's fun!

Here are some videos of the kids:

No comments: