Tuesday, November 15, 2011

20K @80% effort

My coach changed the workout from 25K to 20K yesterday, which I wasn't going to complain about! I'm doing a marathon on Saturday at training pace and he didn't want me to be overtaxed going into it.

Weather: 38F (3.3C) and overcast and calm. Pretty nice weather for November. I'll take it! I wore tights, a long-sleeved shirt, gloves (which I took on and off a few times), and a fleece headband, and that all kept me comfortable. Minor chafing under my right arm was eased by a little body glide at 15K.

I had to really concentrate to stay at 80% effort this morning. It required a lot of mental focus not to lapse into an "easy" pace. Fortunately, most of the time I was able to keep my focus, and the walk went well. My legs felt quite fresh to start, and though they got a bit tired at the end, I was able to hold my pace well.

5K splits: 30:18, 30:37, 30:59, 30:33.

Total time: 2:02:31, ave HR 147, ave pace 6:08/km (9:52/mile).

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: