Friday, November 11, 2011

12K

It was really cold this morning. Though it was 27F (-3C), same as yesterday, it felt colder today. I'm not sure why, as it wasn't windy. Maybe it was more humid?

I started early so I could go to the gym afterward and lift with Lisa. However, once at the gym I ended up talking to someone I hadn't seen in a while, and then I talked to Lisa, and so I ended up just stretching and doing core work. I really ought to lift more...and do Pilates...but I'm not a full-time athlete and it's hard just fitting in the 50K training, never mind all that stuff too.

Anyway, I felt OK this morning. Not great, not bad, just OK. My legs got fairly tired around 6-7k, but I perked up a bit about 8.5k on the very slight downhill back to Liberty Park. Now, at lunch time, I feel very sleepy (a very boring/incomprehensible Research In Progress talk did not help matters much) and a bit stiff. I hope my legs recover, because I have 30K tomorrow. It's supposed to be very icky out, too - cold and rainy, turning to snow by afternoon, with lots of wind. It's possible that I'll do the 30K indoors if it's really bad. There's a 442m track around the Utah Olympic Oval (speed skating venue from the 2002 Olympics) that is a possibility if necessary.

Totals: 12K in 1:14:44 for 6:14/km (10:01/mile) with ave HR 141.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: