Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10K

First walk after the marathon. I was hoping it would be OK, because I want to keep training at a high intensity for the 50K on January 7th, as that is my goal race.

The national weather service said it was 36F - not too bad. However, when I stepped outside there was frost everywhere, and there was quite a bit of black ice on the roads since it had rained yesterday morning. Plus it FELT colder than 36. Turns out it was about 32F (0C). My footing was pretty good for most of the 10K; however, there were a significant number of spots where it wasn't so good. I don't think it slowed me too much; perhaps 30 seconds over the 10K but not more.

I felt good this morning, which was a huge relief. I started off slowish but caught a good rhythm around 5.5K and felt strong after that. My legs did get slightly tired at the end but nothing remarkable.

I did 1:02:46 for the 10K with an ave HR of 146; 6:17/km (10:06/mile).

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: