Thursday, November 10, 2011

8K fartlek - 27-second PR!

Happy me! I keep getting faster! I'm not sure where it's coming from, but I don't mind at all. Today I was only about a minute slower than Erin was when she came here last summer and did this workout. Of course, she is MUCH faster now, but still...it made me happy to be even somewhat close to her slow times.

It's been pretty cold all week in the mornings. Yesterday it was 26F (-3C) and it was the same today. Once I'm warmed up, though, it's not so bad, because it's been calm and dry. I wore 2 long-sleeved shirts today, long tights, a headband, and gloves, and that was fine. Add a bit of wind and rain or snow, and it gets ugly. It's supposed to rain Saturday morning for my 30K. Ugh.

I didn't feel like getting out of bed this morning, and was slightly sore in my legs. I'm glad I did, though! Once I got to the track I had an unremarkable warm-up (about 10 min for 1600) and felt decent. I started off quite fast, with 5:27 for my first 1K, and stayed fast. All of my fast 500s were 2:44-2:47, with one 2:48. My medium 500s were all under 3 min, at 2:56-2:59! I was working it pretty hard, but I was able to focus on my technique and I felt quite smooth and strong.

Total time: 45:40, for 5:42/km (9:11/mile), with ave HR of 160. Yup, that is 27 seconds faster than last week's 46:07!

Garmin connect data here.


1 comment:

Nyle said...

Wow Tammy, thats just AWESOME!!!! I feel that 2012 is going to be YOUR year!! you are going from strength to strength.

Loving reading these posts...got a huge smile on for you!!!