Friday, November 04, 2011

10K with 2x6' at 20K pace

I felt stiff and very sore this morning. It really hurts to do a hard 8K fartlek and then sit in the car all day :(. I wasn't optimistic for this morning's 10K, but it turned out pretty well. I'm not so sure about the GPS readings this morning - sometimes when I went pretty easy my times were fast for 500s, and sometimes when going hard (on the 2nd fast 6' segment, for example) the times seemed slow. Who knows. Doesn't matter.

The weather was good - 50F (10C) and humid, with slight drizzles here and there.

The workout - started fast, with a few 2:59s for 500s, and then when I sped it up for the first fast 6' segment it wasn't much faster, at 2:55 and 2:52 from 2K-3K. Then I eased up a bit until 6K and my 2nd fast segment was 2:52 and 2:59 (? really? working harder than that...weird).

Total time 1:00:53 for 6:05/km (9:49/mile) with ave HR 147.

Now to rest up (x-training tomorrow) a bit before Sunday's race (Two Cities Half Marathon).

Garmin connect data here.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Good luck Tammy!