Wednesday, November 23, 2011

15K

Darn it! I left my Garmin at home and can't upload my workout. I think it was 1:33:28 (+/- a few seconds) for the 15K, for 6:14/km or thereabouts. I will update this later when I upload it. The weather was good: 34F (about 1C) and calm and clear (was going to say sunny, but the sun wasn't up yet).

Jim said I was supposed to do this at an easy pace. Well...I did and I didn't. I got into a rhythm, and it was a little on the hard side, and then I kept it. It was probably the 80% effort that this workout was originally supposed to be. This wasn't that fast for 80% effort...however, it's only been a few days since the marathon. I'm still sore in my abductors and adductors, though it's getting better. My other excuse? My right deltoid is sore from the flu shot I got yesterday. Verrrrrry sore! It is tender to the touch, and hurts when I lift my arm. But seriously, I don't think that mattered.

My right ankle in the front was a bit sore this morning - I think it's related to the old anterior tibialis/tendonitis thing from this spring. I'm hoping that it just feels OK tomorrow and that it will be nothing to worry about.

More later...

***

Edited: Yes, it was 1:33:28 for 6:14/km or 10:02/mile with ave HR 149. My glutes are sore now and I'm generally quite tired. I have a 6K race in the morning (local turkey trot) but if I'm lousy I don't really care so much. A good hard workout is what I'm after, whether fast or slow. This race is pretty slow because of the serious uphill for the first couple miles; yes, then there is a downhill, but overall it's not a fast course.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: