Saturday, October 08, 2011

17.5K instead of 20K...

GI trouble was the order of the day. Admittedly, I did not eat as well as I should have yesterday. Still...3 stops by 13K took its toll, time-wise, and I didn't have much time to lose. I arrived at 5:45 am to start my walk so I could finish before the 8 am club race that I was to be the timer for. I had to be at Winchester Park at 8 am...had to...so this limited things a bit. 3 stops took a while, and add in running into my friend Sarah (first person I saw on the trail this morning! the only other die-hard out there that early in the rain!) and going slowly after a while because of the GI problems, and you have a recipe for not finishing the workout.

The weather started off icky but got a little better. It was about 42F (5C?) when I started, with a light rain for the first 45 min or so. It did let up, and it was not windy, thankfully, but I my feet were wet, and it was quite chilly. I wasn't too cold when I was walking, but each time I stopped I got cold and it took a bit to warm up. Between the weather and the GI problems, the misery index on this walk was pretty high, say 7 out of a maximum of 10.

Oh well...it's done now, and the purpose of the walk was achieved - I just needed to have a good base for the training to come. Jim is e-mailing me my schedule in the next day or so, and it's going to be lots and lots of km, sounds like. That's what happens when you are training for 50K!

Total time: 1:52:25, ave pace 6:25/km, and ave HR???. My HR monitor was wonky the entire walk. I might put in a new battery. If I can't get it to work I'll have to call Garmin to see if I can get another one, because this is ridiculous.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: