Friday, October 14, 2011

10K

10K easy was on the agenda for today. I was definitely a bit sore this morning after yesterday's workout, and by 6K my legs were quite tired. I still managed a respectable time for the 10K, though. I finished in 1:02:58 for 6:18/km, and my HR was in the upper 140s (HR monitor still acting up of course...tried to change the battery but even my small screwdrivers aren't working on it...grrr!). My legs were really tired when I finished, but I still rode my bike to work. It was too nice out not to!

I'm enjoying the great fall weather. It's gone back to being nice and sunny and warm again, with highs in the upper 60s and low 70s, and lows in the upper 40s. This morning, it was 47F (8.3C) and clear and calm; I wore a T-shirt and shorts and was a bit chilly but it felt invigorating. It's supposed to stay nice through next week, though they really can't predict well more than 48 hours in advance here. Regardless, I'm enjoying it.

Yesterday my friend Nancy and I taught a racewalking clinic for our club in the afternoon. We got some good video of the club members and used it for instant feedback. With me behind the camera and Nancy giving everyone valuable tips, it was a lot of fun and everyone looked better at the end of the clinic. I think we may do this more often - it's not hard, and it was really enjoyable.

Hopefully I'll recover well and be ready for 20K tomorrow. If not, I'll be slow, but that doesn't matter. Time on my feet is what counts right now.

Garmin connect data here.

No comments: