Sunday, February 14, 2016

yoga; elliptical

Cross-training today!

I know I need to do some strength training, so today was my second day of the "Yoga For Runners" DVD. It has some tough strength moves (lizard pose is really challenging; plus lunges, planks, warrior pose, etc. - with the instructor emphasizing good form and using your various hip muscles a LOT; lots of great stretching too - pigeon, etc.). Terrific. I felt worked again when I finished it, but still made myself go to the gym and do the elliptical for 45 min for some good cardio. Tomorrow: more racewalking, I hope! My hamstring was a little tender after the yoga, just like last time, but after the elliptical workout it felt totally fine. So all is well there. It was annoyed with me a bit this morning for sitting at the piano in church, but it was less bothersome than a few weeks ago, so that's progress.

When I got home from the gym, I made a terrific dinner (if I do say so myself!) for hubby, as my parents have the kids tonight. Steak (filet for me, NY for him) with mushrooms, shrimp cocktail, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce (I went light on that - watching my points!), and best of all, mini coconut cream pies for dessert. Mmmmmm! Good, saved lots of $, and peaceful and quiet in our new home; no restaurant crowds for the introverts :).



No comments: