Saturday, February 27, 2016

15K

Yesterday: rest day, though I walked around San Diego a lot - both on the beach, in La Jolla, and downtown where we are staying for Kelly's bachelorette party, which has been a lot of fun. I also did too much sitting: 1.5 hr for lunch, and even longer at the dinner/show we went to.

Today: 15K. Sore and stiff at the start from sitting, and things hurt a bit in the first few km. However, after a bit (4km?) I started to feel better; pain never got more than 2 and was mostly 1/10, even to the end of my walk. I was super slow, but my coach assures me that is OK at this stage and that it will improve. I hope so.

I was tiring near the end but got a boost from striking up a conversation with a runner, "Sally", that I happened upon. I passed her (barely going faster than her) and we started talking, and she was great to talk with. We chatted for about 15 min and it helped both of us finish the hardest part of our training for the day.

Total time was 1:41:51 (! so slow!) for 6:47/km with ave HR nice and low at 143.

No comments: