Saturday, February 20, 2016

12K; making slow progress

I made it 12K this morning on a hilly route; the pain was a bit more than it has been, just like yesterday, but it wasn't terrible. It was a 1-2 mostly, and maybe once or twice was pushing 3 (which is the place where I have told myself I will stop). I did my glute activation and PT exercises before going out, I focused on a wider stance and faster cadence, and thought a lot about good posture. That was great until 10km or so, when I had an uphill slog and it was all I could do to hang on and think about posture. I got tired! Geez. So out of shape. But it'll never get better unless I persist. Many of my good RW friends are doing the 50K tomorrow in San Diego, and I'm jealous. I wish I could do it too. On the other hand, it's supposed to be hot, and so maybe I don't wish I was doing it :). OK, back to today's workout - it was nice here, for February, at 2.8C (37F), and Calvin and both dogs came with me for the first 6km. Then I did the rest with just Sugar, and Calvin and Powder stayed home.

My time was OK, considering the hills and my pain level. 1:20:08 for 6:40/km with ave HR 150. I'll take it.

***

Good news. I went to Weight Watchers this morning and after only losing 0.2lb last week after a good eating week, I lost 3.0lb this week :). Sometimes water weight does a number on you. I'm down 4.8lb (2.2kg) since rejoining on January 30, which is awesome. I am just 1.8lb away from my goal weight of 155.0, but really I want to be 150 or less for racing, so I have a ways to go, but I'm on the right track. It's been hard, but good. Last night I took Grace to a concert (Salt Lake Choral Artists!) and then to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. With the new Smart Points system the ice cream is very, very, very high in points, and I decided it wasn't worth it. I had 3 small bites of hers and came home and made myself a skinny mocha latte for 3 points instead. Go me!!! I can't believe I resisted, but I think the goal of Perth 2016 is pushing me to accomplish good things.

No comments: