Saturday, February 13, 2016

10K

Guess what? I made it 10K today!

I wasn't even that slow. OK, so I wasn't fast, but it wasn't dismal either. I did 1:06:14 for 6:37/km with ave HR 149. My hamstring felt pretty good for the most part, with no pain to 1/10 for most of the walk, but the last couple km with the slight uphill hurt a bit more, at 2/10. But it wasn't bad, and I was focused a lot on form and posture and on using my glutes. Hopefully when I go to PT I will get some more pointers, but I think I've made a lot of corrections already.

The weather was icky, but since it's Saturday at least I could go when it was light instead of dark out. We still have the nasty inversion and so the air quality is bad and it's just really foggy for most of the morning. It isn't that cold for February, though at -1.1C (30F). I mean, it's not warm, but it could be a lot colder, so I'm grateful for that much.

I went to Weight Watchers this morning too and weighed in. I lost 0.2lb. OK, that's not much, but it's something, and I didn't gain. Weight is a funny thing and it fluctuates a lot, so I'm not too discouraged. I had a pretty good food week, and I'm happy with that. It's good to have the accountability of weighing in each week and the camaraderie, such as it is - I don't know many people in the group yet; our center changed locations and we got new leaders, etc., so there's been a lot of turnover. But I'm starting to recognize some faces and it's good to be back.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: