Sunday, March 01, 2015

a little cross-country training ;)

Today I went cross-country skiing with my racewalking friend, Alex, his girlfriend Melanie, and his friends Murali and Chris. We went up to Alta and skied up a fantastic trail that was groomed and very cross-country friendly, and FREE to boot. YES! Since I own a pair of skis and boots, I didn't pay a cent other than the gas to drive up there.

It was uphill on the way out, and then downhill on the way back. I got lots of good cardio - about 50 minutes' worth - and had a great time too. I only fell twice, going slowly, and it was no biggie. Snow is soft. I did use a lot of unfamiliar muscles; I can tell I'm going to be a bit sore tomorrow. Oh well...it was worth it! I really need to do this more often.

Garmin data here.






No comments: