Tuesday, March 24, 2015

6K

I am recovering OK. I still have some soreness from the race; it was most noticeable in glutes, hamstrings, shins, trapezoids, and lats. Yup, arms and legs both...I worked harder than I thought.

Yesterday I did 30 min elliptical. I wanted to do more, but I was short on time and also felt really, really tired and decided 30 min was enough.

Today I was to do 6K plus 5x200m @85% effort. I got out there and did the 6K, but in the last km my legs were very tired, so I opted not to do the 200s. I just decided that I didn't want to chance anything. I got sick again last year after the Canyonlands race and I am paranoid right now, so I just stopped and went home. The 6K went great for the most part. I did it at 6:24/km for 38:21 total, but about 15 sec of that was watch error (long story - stopped for dog issues with another dog) and so I was probably more like 6:21/km, and my ave HR was 150. I worked VERY hard on posture as Jim watched my video from the end of the race (crappy video, but well...still can see something) and said I'm still "sitting", which is true - but I wonder how I looked earlier when I wasn't so tired? In this video I just look tired, slow, and overweight :/. Grrrr. Here it is if you want to watch it. But it's not that great :(.

Garmin data from today's walk here. 

I am feeling decent after the 6K this morning. My left piriformis is a little sore, but no weird soreness or anything else. I'm still pretty tired, and I should probably get to bed a bit earlier tonight. My excuse for last night was that I was chatting on FB messenger with my best friend from high school, which I enjoyed immensely...but probably should have stopped sooner :).


No comments: