Monday, March 02, 2015

8K racewalking

This morning I was to do 8K easy. It was threatening rain and/or snow with a slight drizzle for the last 3-4km, but it didn't amount to much, thankfully. It was nice & warm at 3.9C (40F). My legs are a bit sore (normal DOMS) from the x-country skiing yesterday; mostly hip flexors, which are quite tender. My glutes are a little sore, possibly with some of the weird soreness but I'm not 100% sure. I was on the microscope for a while this morning at work and it was bothering me. Hopefully it's nothing...but who knows.

Anyway, the 8K went fine. My legs were tired about 4km, especially the hip flexors. I think the x-country skiing was a bit vigorous :). However, I still did an average of 6:31/km even with sore legs, so that's good. Total time 52:07 with ave HR 155 (that's high, but the HR monitor went nuts at the beginning of my walk; it wasn't damp enough and was picking up static, probably because I did a quick grocery run before my walk since Calvin needed Cheerios for breakfast!).

Hopefully my legs won't feel worse tomorrow since I'm to do a 5K fartlek. Well, it was worth it. I had a great time skiing.

Garmin data here.

No comments: