Sunday, June 05, 2011

in brief

In brief, for my coach:

Yesterday, walked about 2km (not racewalking) w/o the boot, and then taught a racewalking clinic, during which I did racewalk a bit. I followed that up with a hard 400m at the track (OK, not the smartest...but a good test) because USATF Utah was honoring our retiring racewalk chair with a little racewalk.

Shin felt fine after that, so coach suggested I try an easy 5K today. I went to the track, and the weather was GORGEOUS! 55F (13C) with some wind. The wind felt really nice and warm, though, once I was warmed up. Anyway, I did the 5K in 31:39, with splits between 6:18 and 6:20ish for each km. The last km I had a little twinge in my shin, but nothing more. Essentially pain-free. I felt good and was so happy to be out there even if it was on the track (so I could stop any time). HR a little higher than when I've been racewalking frequently, at 145 average (though at the end it was low 150s), but not too bad. I am hoping I've kept most of my fitness.

When I got home, I iced it and it feels fine so far. Hopefully it will continue to feel fine throughout the day.

No comments: