Wednesday, June 08, 2011

6K easy - Liberty Park

This morning I did the 6.3K around Liberty Park. I felt pretty good, and had no shin pain. I did the 6.3K in 39:33 for 6:15/km with ave HR of 145. Not bad! I guess I haven't lost too much fitness.

My coach, Jim, arrived this afternoon. It's great to finally meet in person. He said he's taking me to the track tomorrow morning for a "flogging"...hmmm not sure that is so good? All we're doing is a 3K fartlek though, since I'm coming off an injury. Hopefully it will go well, but I have probably lost some fast-twitch muscle fibers after the layoff, so we'll see.

2 comments:

Nyle said...

lets see if you get further than 5 steps in your warm up....lol

he will push you....but its great to actually have him right there to explain and adjust you.

have fun!!

Hunca Munca said...

how did your flogging go this morning? Glad you are back to training - have fun with your coach! and try not to worry too much.