Thursday, June 16, 2011

first 15K since injury

In a hurry - so here's the summary:

Total time 1:34:41, ave pace 6:18/km, and ave HR 150. My 5K splits were 30:45, 31:37, and 32:19. I really hurt the last 5K. My endurance is not where it was, but it's coming back.

I had too much ice cream last night (long story...bit of a pity party for myself...stupid!!!) and so I had some GI issues this morning and had to stop a couple times for cramping. Yeah, that was a bummer.

Shin was iffy this morning, too. It started off a bit tight and about 5K I was not sure I'd finish 15. But it loosened up and I felt better. It was OK when I got home, and I just iced it. I'm going to wear my boot to work today to give it a rest.

Garmin connect data here.

1 comment:

Nyle said...

oh oh ... the ice cream comforter! I know that well and yes it plays havoc with my tummy next day too.

Great walk ... you have to be happy with that!!! well done.