Friday, June 17, 2011

8K kickdown - exhausted.

I'm trashed. Enough is enough.

Work stress & extra hours.
Loren's surgery.
Being away all weekend last weekend.
Not enough sleep due to all of the above.

So, my 8K kickdown FELT horrible. It wasn't fast either. But it's done now. I confess I start to worry about how I will handle a race when I can't even do this little workout very well, but then I have tell myself that I'm at the end of my rope with exhaustion, so it's to be expected.

It wasn't hot at the track (55F; 13C) but the sun was beating down on me, as I worked out later than usual today (had to take the kids to day care/summer camp first because of Loren being in the hospital for his back surgery). I felt terribly hot about 2/3 of the way through the workout, and felt a bit nauseated at the end. Oh well.

Anyway, no excuses. Here are my 2K times:

12:32
12:15
12:00
11:47

Total time 48:34; ave HR 158. My HR for the last four 500s was really high, averaging 171, 172, 173, and 175. I obviously gave it my all, but my all wasn't very good today.

edited to add Garmin connect data here

No comments: