Wednesday, January 19, 2011

still here, still slow, still going

Yesterday I did 8.5K very slowly. I think it was about 7:15/k, with ave HR 141. I just went slow and easy, and kept it very comfortable. I would have done 10K but time was too short. I was also starting to cough quite a bit so I figured it was time to quit.

Today I did 1 mile on the treadmill (snowing/raining outside) and then 4 miles on the elliptical, followed by weight training. 1) chest fly (60 lb)/walking lunges (15 lb each hand), 2) hamstring curls on ball/row (65 lb), 3) abductor on multi-hip (80 lb)/calf raises (one-legged, body weight), 4) tricep dips on bench/leg extensions.

Tonight I am really, really tired. At 6 pm I was ready to be in bed. Maybe the fact that the kids were difficult this afternoon (Calvin especially) has a lot to do with this. In any event, I'm still fatiguing easily. I think that the fatigue is residual from the virus I had, and the slow racewalking seems to have to do with my lungs (the coughing). I suspect that there was some damage to the bronchi from the virus, and it's going to take a while to repair itself. Eventually I should be up to speed again if this is true, but meanwhile, well, I must be patient, which I am not good at!

2 comments:

Harriet said...

You know, of course, that while your workouts are "easy" by your "in shape standards", they really aren't "easy" workouts!

Tammy said...

Thanks, Ollie ... still, depends on whose workouts you compare it to. Erin Taylor is a friend of mine and her "easy" is my "hard", and that's when I'm actually in shape!!! And 12 mpm isn't fast for such short workouts. However, if you compare it to the average American couch potato, I suppose it is really fast :).