Sunday, January 09, 2011

Snowy!


This morning there was about 3-4 inches of fresh white fluffy stuff outside. There was a little less on the road - maybe 2 inches. The gym doesn't open until 10 am on Sunday, so my choices were: 1) strap on the Yaktrax, or 2) treadmill. Hmmmm, not a hard choice! I decided that the Yaktrax would be good. It was actually in the 20s this morning, an improvement from the teens of the last 7-10 days or so, and it wasn't actively snowing. The Yaktrax help a lot in the snow but the toe-off is still not very powerful, so I was slow. Besides, I'm slow right now due to the mystery virus, so what's a little slower? I averaged only 7:23/km for the hilly 5.8ish km around SugarHouse Park, but it was the nicest walk I've had in a while. I felt good, my muscles didn't hurt, and I thoroughly enjoyed being outside, believe it or not. It was dark the whole time (as you can see from the blurry photo of a Mormon church along my route) and cold, but the snow was beautiful and I was happy to not be stuck in the gym.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I admire you for running outside it is so could I can hardly walk to my car with out freezing! Have a happy day!

Nyle said...

I love the yaktrak...they look so cool. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your walk and I am sure you will have lots more walks to come that you will enjoy walking. :)