Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tomatoes!

 One of the things I've been busy with this week is planting some tomatoes, basil, thyme, and rosemary. I have given up trying to grow stuff like that in our back yard because it's too heavily shaded, so I am growing these in the front yard. OK, not the usual thing to do, but I don't care. I want some yummy tomatoes this summer!!! I got some good compost and mixed it in w/our dirt because the dirt is pretty poor quality (I've tried to grow flowers here and failed, pretty much) and I also fertilized the plants and watered them. Hopefully the added sun and better soil will yield yummy tomatoes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

I really miss our old house with the garden in back, especially the delicious tomatoes and strawberries. Hope yours turn out great.

Mom said...

It will be fun to see your tomatoes and herbs when I go there in June and to see how much they've grown. I hope they do really well!