Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Back at the track!

Yay! I did a REAL outdoor track workout today. Could have done one sooner, as the weather has been good, but I have been resting my piriformis and my body in preparation for the hard training I'm about to embark on. It was nice not to be on the treadmill for my speed work.

A running club was at the track, and though it makes it more crowded, one or two of them usually talk with me about racewalking and they are very supportive as they fly by (these are serious and FAST runners!).

It was a joy to be out there - a high endorphin type of day. I woke up 15 min late so only got to do 8x400 (planned on 12x400) but I think that was better since I ought to ease back into the speedwork. Still, I was pretty fast :). I warmed up and did dynamic flexibility drills, then embarked on my 400s.

Following are my times for each: 1) 2:11, 2) 2:06 (!fast!), 3) 2:08, 4) 2:13, 5) 2:10, 6) 2:11, 7) 2:12, 8) 2:08.

I feel SO good now but have lots to do. Back later :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Richardson said...

Great workout!

Hunca Munca said...

you are speedy! Isn't it beautiful to be out there this time of year?