Sunday, May 10, 2009

time to myself

I took a nice longish walk starting at 6:30 this morning, and did not feel the least bit guilty about leaving Loren w/the kids; after all, it's Mother's Day!

I did Liberty and SugarHouse Parks (7.65 miles) in 1:23:48 for a 10:57 mile. That was a very easy pace, not pushing at all (ave HR 137). It was a gorgeous morning, marred only by my iPod losing battery power 1/3 of the way through my walk (or less...). But actually, maybe that was a blessing in disguise, as I did enjoy the sounds of birds chirping, etc. Oh, and my $#*&( dog Sahara decided to soil herself again, 2/3 of the way around Liberty Park. I did get most of it off the sidewalk, but I am SO done with taking her with me on walks. Grrrr.

Overall, a great morning racewalk, and a good start to my day :).

No comments: