Tuesday, May 26, 2009

nice weekend

Saturday was a bit busy with racewalking adventures and IT band problems, but Sunday and Monday were pretty nice. Especially Monday. We got a lot of stuff done (family portraits at Sears, Home Depot trip, grocery shopping) and I even found time for a short nap in the hammock, after reading the paper. Then we made an amazing dinner - Loren bbq'd a whole chicken, and I made coleslaw (new recipe w/Gorgonzola cheese - very good!), homemade buttermilk biscuits (GREAT!!!!), corn-on-the-cob, and watermelon. We ate a lot. Yeah, I need to rein that in again... the pounds are starting to creep back on, sigh. Not much leeway for me these days.

While dinner was cooking, I replaced our kitchen faucet. Again. Yeah, the one I put in in January '08 gave up prematurely. Irritating. Fortunately, it came out easily, the new one was only $64, and seems to work perfectly so far.

***

At least I got in a good hour & 10 min racewalking yesterday to make up for some of the food. I walked 10K (6.2 miles) in 1:05:14 for 10:31/mile, then another 0.36 miles very easy to cool down back to my house. My IT band was the teensiest bit sore at the end, but was really feeling pretty good, so I was pleased.

I was going to racewalk a hard 12x400 this morning, but woke up really grumpy and NOT wanting to do it. I know, I would have felt better had I done it, but I decided to do an easy walk around Sugar House Park instead. I'm glad I did. It was beautiful (though windy), and I did push a little bit because after I got into it, I was in the mood after all. I covered the 3.7 miles in 37:20, for 10:05 per mile, with ave HR of only 143. Pretty fast for such a low HR. I was wearing my Chinese racewalking shoes - maybe that was it :)? Or maybe I just was having a good day. Wonder what I could have done at the track? Ah well. My IT band was feeling fine - no problems :).

No comments: