Saturday, May 30, 2009

Easy 4

Today I did an easy 4-4.5 miles w/the team. My Garmin said 4.15, but I accidentally had it off for a bit, so I'm not sure how far I really went. The first 1.5 or so were pretty fast (10:00/mile or faster) and I racewalked the whole time because I was afraid of IT band trouble. Then I was able to rw or just walk pretty easily with the other team members.

We had beautiful weather for our run/walk. Afterward, we gathered for breakfast together (potluck) and watched "Spirit of the Marathon", an excellent documentary about runners from novice to elite who are training for the Chicago Marathon. Great way to start our season :).

I'm glad today was an easy day because tomorrow I'm planning to do 20 miles with some of the summer team. Fun!!!!! (I must be crazy --- I just said 20 miles would be FUN!).

The photo is some of the team at the aid station at mile 2.

No comments: