Sunday, May 17, 2009

TNT workout

Saturday I did a short TNT workout, as I had to leave to go to an info meeting for the fall season. We started at about 7:10 and had to leave at 9:00. The runners were going south then back north, so I started with the walkers, who were only going north (shorter mileage as they are 1/2 marathoners). I walked slowly with them for about 2.6 miles or so, and then doubled back to catch the runners. I went north with the runners for another 1.5 miles and then had to turn around to get back to my car in time for the info meeting. Total mileage: 7.34 (by my Garmin) in 1:38:25 (13:04/mile). Ave HR was only 104. Hmmm, not very much of a workout for me! Actually, those numbers don't tell the whole story. I did have 52 minutes of good hard racewalking with HR around 140-150, but the slow walking (17-18 min miles) was slow enough to keep my HR much lower.

No comments: