Saturday, May 09, 2009

lots of miles - mostly of the driving kind

This morning was our TNT workout at Sugar House Park. That's close to my house, so very convenient, except that I needed to give teammate Jeannie a ride to the workout. She lives in Orem, 45 min away, and doesn't feel comfortable driving on the freeway. I picked her up, and Suzy from our team was going to drive her home on her way to visit her parents in Provo for Mother's Day weekend.

The workout went fine - I did about 8.9 miles by my Garmin. Started off at a nice easy pace with Gwen and Jason, who were doing 16 miles today. We did about an 11 min mile for 5 miles or so. Then I went with Jeannie for a while (about 0.5 miles?) and then headed back; didn't get to spend much time w/Heather & Suzy, darn it. I racewalked too long w/Gwen & Jason and didn't think about how to maximize contact w/the various team members. Usually it works well to start fast w/the runners and spend a bunch of time w/them before going w/the walkers, but not today. I had to leave early to go to a TNT info meeting in Ogden, and so I should have walked a lot less w/the runners. Oops. Live and learn; I have another info meeting next week, so I'll do it better then.

I walked really fast to get back to the car, because after walking w/Jeannie I was pushing it to get to Ogden on time. I walked away from my car with her, and I knew I should turn around sooner but wanted her to have company for at least a little bit. Turns out that Heather & Suzy waited for her so I needn't have worried :). Anyway, I walked the last 3.04 miles in 30:20 for 9:58/mile. Really moving, and it felt good.

After I got back, I drove up to Ogden for our info mtg, and then back home. 184 miles total in the car, which aggravated my R piriformis quite a lot. Oh well.

Falling asleep now, so off to bed.

No comments: