Friday, May 29, 2009

A post dedicated to my kids


I post a lot about racewalking and not so much about my kids, not because I don't love them, but because I spend LOTS of time with them and sometimes just need to think about something else :).

However, I've been saving up a few cute sayings for you. Here they come!

Mommy: What animal does pork come from?
Michelle: A tiger?

***

Mommy: What animal does milk come from?
Calvin: Cows!
Mommy: Where does peach tea come from?
Michelle: Baby cows!

***

Mommy: We only have time for a 10-minute bath for Michelle, but Calvin, you can have a longer bath.
Calvin: I'll have a THIRTEEN-minute bath!

*********

In other kids news, we are potty training Michelle in earnest now. We told her on Sunday that the diaper fairy was taking away her diapers. Between Sunday & Thursday we had LOTS of accidents. She did not go in the toilet even once. UGH! But yesterday, just when we were wondering if this was going to work, she started using the toilet! Yay! She is not consistent and is still having accidents, but now she is using it about half the time. Hopefully we'll see continued progress. We've been changing diapers since October 2004, and I'm looking forward to no more diapers.

3 comments:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

You have shown me a glimpse of my future. Will not look forward to potty training when I have kids.

malvs2walk said...

that is such a cute picture! and the potty training stories bring back such wonderful memories. LOL

Hunca Munca said...

Cute kid sayings! I am NOT looking forward to potty training Sam (Mr. Frequent Pooper). I think we'll just put it off awhile longer...